Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message from Meguiar's, "You guys are the ones that are incredible! When others are slowing down, you guys keep going and going and going! Where do you get your stamina? Congrats AGAIN to all of you!!!!"
    "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Comment

• keoni's car is so bad ass... seriously... i want it

Comment

• Quick Update 09/29/11

Magazine & online scoreboard as of 09/29/11: 2 published Cover article, 4 published feature articles, 2 published feature international article, 9 online features, 6 event coverages, 3 flyers, 2 national ad and 1 TV Show. The onslaught of Team Hybrid cars and Team in major international and domestic magazines "continues"...

Comment

• News 10/05/11

Hybridz:

Steve Jobs said, "Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

This is what I have done with Team Hybrid and also, those of you from the past and present esp. the co-leaders/chapter directors. Team Hybrid is something no one can copy, no one can outsource, no one can hire - a team of visionaries who created a movement that changed generations through painstaking tenacity.

We have gambled everything, over and over, on our vision. We have earned the respect and love from our fellow import industry peers not only by their words in printed publications, but all the thousands of import accolades we have earned and been rewarded with. Remember, everyone's time is limited and Team Hybrid will continue to live, innovate and perform by our own vision.

Here are some sneak previews of what is to come and what has arrived. Performance and results of all our claims, actions and words!

1. Formula Drift, Irwindale on 10/08, Saturday is the Round 7 - TITLE FIGHT. Team Hybrid has been asked by 3 different companies to provide Hybrid Cars in their booth. SoCal Chapter will provide booth cars for the following companies:

a. Meguiar's Booth with Sunny's Twin-Turbo Honda Accord V6
          b. Clutch Master's Booth with Luis & Kevin's GT500 WideBody BMW M3
          c. NOS Energy Drink's Booth with Larry's Nissan 350Z

2. BFGoodrich Tires will be at the MPG Track Day event on 10/11-12/11 in Fontana for the second year in a row, this year as a sponsor of the event’s Show and Shine. BFGoodrich wanted to extend the exclusive, invite-only to Team Hybrid and bring their vehicle out to Auto Club Speedway on Tuesday, October 11 and Wednesday, October 12 to put on display for the more than 150 media that attend the event as well as be in the BFGoodrich Booth for the second year in a row. The vehicles will also be entered into the Show and Shine competition that will be voted on by the media in attendance. SoCal Chapter will provide the following cars for the BFGoodrich Booth:

a. Fidel's Turbo Evolve S60R (Tues only)
          b. Sunny's Twin-Turbo Honda Accord V6 (Tues-Wed)
          c. Larry's Nissan 350Z (Tues-Wed)

3. Congratulations to Team Hybrid for being officially signed and sponsored by Clutch Masters for the 1st year. Not only is this a "team title" sponsorship, but we are currently the only import team in 2011 in the USA Clutch Masters sponsors.

4. Congratulations to Team Hybrid for being officially signed and sponsored by Savini Forged Wheels for the 1st year. Not only is this a "team title" sponsorship, but we are currently the only import team in 2011 in the USA Savini Forged Wheels sponsors.

5. Magazine & online scoreboard as of 10/05/11: 2 published Cover article, 4 published feature articles, 2 published feature international article, 9 online features, 6 event coverages, 3 flyers, 2 national ad and 1 TV Show. More major feature photoshoots completed this weekend. Not only are we ending 2011 with a bang, we are poised to also begin 2012 with a bang as well!

Comment

• Quick Update 10/07/11

Magazine & online scoreboard as of 10/07/11: 2 published Cover article, 4 published feature articles, 2 published feature international article, 9 online features, 6 event coverages, 3 flyers, 2 national ad, 1 international ad and 1 TV Show.

Comment

• News 10/11/11

Hybridz:

Our team's success will always be ours and with us for the rest of our lives. It has taught us to be humble and grateful for each accolade that touches our lives. Along this journey, alot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them. In Team Hybrid, we will continue to do just that.

Here are some sneak previews of what is to come and what has arrived. Performance and results of all our claims, actions and words!

1. Congratulations to LV Chapter's Essex Olalia's Teal-Turbo-WideBody EVO IX for a published full feature in Import Tuner Magazine, December 2011 Issue.

2. Congratulaions to LV Chapter's Robert Green's Turbo Scion xB for completing a major photoshoot for a full feature in a future article in one of the major "international" import magazines. Like I promised, our media pipeline continues to grow not only domestically, but also internationally. Here is just a preview of the behind the scenes.

3. Congratulaions to LV Chapter's Rodney Manandik's Turbo Subarau WRX for completing a major photoshoot for a full feature in a future article in one of the major "international" import magazines. Here is just a preview of the behind the scenes.

4. I am happy to announce tomorrow, 10/12/11 (Wed), one of our Team Hybrid cars is going to RCH Designs/Studio in Huntington Beach, Ca to shoot for a cover or full feature for Performance Auto & Sound Magazine.

5. Magazine & online scoreboard as of 10/11/11: 2 published Cover article, 5 published full feature articles, 2 published full feature international article, 9 online features, 6 event coverages, 3 flyers, 2 national ad, 1 international ad and 1 TV Show. Mark my words today and I promise you, Team Hybrid will start 2012 magazine & online scoreboard with a bang before the year 2012 is even here!

Comment

• can anyone scan this months PAS mag please?

Comment

• Congrats! I also noticed that Team Hybrid got a shout out in Super Street for Import Face Off Las Vegas!

Comment

• Magazine & online scoreboard as of 10/26/11: 2 published Cover article, 5 published full feature articles, 2 published full feature international article, 9 online features, 6 event coverages, 3 flyers, 2 national ad, 1 international ad and 1 TV Show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluex702 View Post
                      Congrats! I also noticed that Team Hybrid got a shout out in Super Street for Import Face Off Las Vegas!
                      I have not seen this Eric so please scan the cover as well as the article and email to me. But I do know in the November 2011 issue of Super Street, Team Hybrid was mentioned in the event coverage for SpoCom, Anaheim 2011 as one of the top import teams present @ the show.

For the newbies or for those that do not know the background on some of the current import teams claiming to be a team out there. We are one of the originals consisting of enthusiasts and currently, the oldest import team competing at the highest level as well as the most well-rounded/innovative out there. We are not a group of people from a tuner shop, blog/website, power hungry/selfish individuals and etc. claiming to be what an import tuner team should really be. There should be new categories for that @ future shows like, for example, Best Vendor Booth or Best Import Tuner Website/Blog.

Comment

• Magazine & online scoreboard as of 10/27/11: 2 published Cover article, 5 published full feature articles, 2 published full feature international article, 9 online features, 8 event coverages, 3 flyers, 2 national ad, 1 international ad and 1 TV Show.

As promised and as always, keeping to my promises as I annouced on 08/17/11 that "Another onslaught of Team Hybrid Cars in major magazines is coming soon!" Well, its not soon anymore, it is here NOW! Here is a quick re-cap.

1. International "Australian" Fast Four Magazine, September 2011 Issue (Sunset Orange-Voltex Widebody EVO IX printed & released on newstands).
                        2. Super Street Magazine, October 2011 Issue (WRX printed & released on newstands).
                        3. Import Tuner Magazine, December 2011 Issue (Teal-APR Widebody EVO IX printed & released on newstands).
                        4. Motion Sport Compact Auto Show & Expo 2011 Show Guide (Team article printed & released on newstands).
                        5. 50/50 Chance in Import Tuner Magazine, November 2011 Issue (This has been moved to the January 2012 issue).

This is a great way to end our year as we approach our 17th year anniversary (01/07/12). Remember, what comes around goes around. Fate working in our favor once again. Hybrid Formula working its magic. Appreciate all the Hybridz & Hunnyz esp. the Chapter Directors who do their part in helping our legendary tradition continue making history...

Comment

• Fate working in our favor so an update is needed. Our strong performance and results in 2011 has been and continues to be incredible. Still rock'in it hard! May we continue to lead in all aspects in the import industry.

1. International "Australian" Fast Four Magazine, September 2011 Issue (Sunset Orange-Voltex Widebody EVO IX printed & released on newstands).
                          2. Super Street Magazine, October 2011 Issue (WRX printed & released on newstands).
                          3. Import Tuner Magazine, December 2011 Issue (Teal-APR Widebody EVO IX printed & released on newstands).
                          4. Motion Sport Compact Auto Show & Expo 2011 Show Guide (Team article printed & released on newstands).
                          5. 50/50 Chance in Import Tuner Magazine, November 2011 Issue (This has been moved to the January 2012 issue).
                          6. Super Street Magazine, December 2011 Issue (Hybrid Hunnyz, Ryan Oso "Cover" printed & released on newstands).

Magazine & online scoreboard as of 10/28/11: 3 published Cover articles incluing a Hybrid Hunnyz, 5 published full feature articles, 2 published full feature international article, 9 online features, 9 event coverages, 3 flyers, 2 national ad, 1 international ad and 1 TV Show. Hybridzzz & Hunnyzzz continue to be everywhere.

Comment

• News 11/11/11

Hybridz:

There are downsides to everything; there are unintended consequences to everything. The most corrosive piece of the import industry that I've ever seen is called an import team - but then, again, an import team, at its best, is magnificent... We continue to be the exception.

Here are some sneak previews of what is to come, what has arrived and why we continue to be the exception. Performance and results of all our claims, actions and words!

1. The next generation of Lin and another generation of Hybrid has been born. I am officially an Uncle now. Congratuations to my brother, Michael and his wife, Pam for having a baby boy on 10/24/11. I introduce all of you to Ethan Lin. 2 days old and already, holding hands with his Uncle James.

2. I can officially say my 2011 Gold-Turbo-Widebody-Carbon Fiber Scion tC is now the most traveled, publizied and published Team Hybrid Car in our history. Congratulations for being selected and published in the 2012 Performance Auto & Sound Magazine Media KIT. This is such an honor because this is what PAS uses to explain and sell ad space to all its current and future customers. Secondly, PAS could of picked any 2011 cover car for this, but choose a Team Hybrid car instead. Maybe its because we are legendary @ PAS. Did you know we are the import team with the record of the most COVERS and FEATURES @ PAS. If you don't believe me, wait till you see what else I announce below. Lastly, 2012 is also the year PAS celebrates a decade of automotive tuning so making this media kit cover is an honor.

3. Congratulations to my 2011 Gold-Turbo-Widebody-Carbon Fiber Scion tC for being selected and printed for PAS Mag and PAS Nation 2011 and 2012 poster calendar.

4. Congratulations to LV Chapter's Robert Green's Turbo Scion xB for shooting in a studio for a future full feature article in PAS Magazine. Heard your going to be in the CES issue so look out Hybridz. Here are some previews of the behind the scenes.

5. Congratulations to SoCal Chapter's Omar Rivas' J's Racing-ITBs Honda S2K for being selected and published in PAS 2011 Magazine's Top Tuner Platforms. Only 15 tuner cars were chosen for this honor and we were 1. What an honor and we continue to set the standard not only how a best overall "quality" import team performs but also, how import tuner cars should be built.

6. Congratulations to LV Chapter's Mike Passarge's Pontiac G8GT for being approved for an up and coming full feature photoshoot with PAS Magazine which will be taking place this weekend in Las Vegas.

7. Congratulations to LV Chapter's Robert Green's Lexus LS460 for being selected and shot for a full feature article in an international magazine. Name of magazine is TBA. Here is just a preview of the behind the scenes.

8. Congratulations to NorCal Chapter's Kris' Turbo-Widebody G35 confirmed to be published in the up and coming January 2011 issue of Import Tuner.

9. After attending SEMA 2011 and meeting with BFGoodrich, I am happy to announce esp. if all the stars align for us in the next couple of months, something very new (1st of its kind) and exciting to debut in 2012 which Team Hybrid will not only be heavily involved with but also, be the first to help debut it. More detail news to be announced to Hybridz only @ this weekend's meeting, 11/12 and of course more, as the news unfolds @ our Christmas Party on 12/03.

10. Magazine & online scoreboard as of 11/11/11: 3 published Cover articles incluing a Hybrid Hunnyz, 5 published full feature articles, 2 published full feature international article, 10 online features, 9 event coverages, 3 flyers, 2 national ad, 1 2012 Cover media kit, 1 poster, 1 international ad and 1 TV Show. Everything has come true for us in the 4th qtr. We were almost in a major magazine every single month of this last quarter. And remember, a month ago on 10/11, I said, "I promise you, Team Hybrid will start 2012 magazine & online scoreboard with a bang before the year 2012 is even here!" Now you know which Team Hybrid Car it is, what magazine and specific issue (G35 in IT January & xB in PAS "CES" Issue). 17+ strong years, here we come.

This 11/11/11 news update has truly been incredible. Thanks to all the current leaders/members/hunnyz/probies. What we do is true team work. I challenge any import tuner team out there to match let alone exceed our current performance. Just our current performance and not what we have done in the last 16+ years. Should be simple enough right?

Comment

• congrats on Michael's new baby

Comment

• Magazine & online scoreboard as of 11/14/11: 3 published Cover articles incluing a Hybrid Hunnyz, 6 published full feature articles, 2 published full feature international article, 10 online features, 9 event coverages, 3 flyers, 2 national ad, 1 2012 Cover media kit, 1 poster, 1 international ad and 1 TV Show. Everything has come true for us in the 4th qtr and we still have a month and a half to go. Scary the amount of media accolades we have already done and what we still can do with the time left in 2011. We are on fire!

Comment

Working...
                                X